Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Of course you can double this and make it in a large skillet! You can use any favorite cheese you desire, cheddar is good also, I prefer Monterey Jack for omelets! The trick to a fluffy omelet is the baking powder, so do not omit and don't overcook the eggs! --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
- 3 -4 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder (this will create a fluffy omelet)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (can use more or less!)
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (can use more)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, baking powder, cream, green onions, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat until your hands feel warm when held about 2-inches above the surface; add in butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet; let set slightly.
- Using a heat-proof spatula, push eggs from edge towards the center; tilt pan to let egg fill the spaces.
- Repeat until omelet if JUST set (about 1-2 minutes).
- Sprinkle the grated cheese down the center of the omelet.
- Using the same spatula, gently fold the omelet over the cheese.
- Tilt skillet and slide the filled omelet onto a serving plate (don't worry if you tear the eggs slightly!).
Best omelette EVER! As another reader said, I didn't have whipping cream so I used milk. Added some cut up deli ham, the suggested green onions and shredded cheddar. Spices: salt, pepper, and paprika. Mixed it in a 'bullet' blender and even my picky daughter was impressed! Thank you for sharing!
LOVED IT! I didn't have any whipping creme, so I just used milk instead. Worked out wonderfully. Thanks so much for a great recipe.
This was really good! My guest loved it : ) It was the star on the table!