Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a restaurant-quality dish that is rich, creamy and worth every darn calorie! try to use the best Parmesan cheese only for this recipe as it will really make a difference to the taste --- although the amounts stated will make a fair amount of alfredo sauce it may easily be doubled if desired, feel free to add in cooked shrimp or chicken to the alfredo sauce, this is very good!
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta (or use as much as desired)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/4 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (use 2 tablespoons for a thicker sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream (or use 18% table cream)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot boiling salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add in fresh garlic, thyme, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper (if using) cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in half and half cream and whipping cream; cook stirring or whisking constantly until bubbly and thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and mix in Parmesan cheese until combined and melted.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Drain the cooked pasta VERY well, then divide into bowls.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine.
- Top each bowl with more Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is wonderful! As good (maybe even better) than any I've had in a restaurant! I didn't add the cayenne as DH doesn't care for any "heat" I did add steamed broccoli and leftover rotisserie chicken. After the sauce was thickened. I also grated a small bit (1/8 to 1/4 tsp) of fresh nutmeg. Had with Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast. Made in honor of John - Cookathon for Kittencal.