Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a restaurant-quality dish that is rich, creamy and worth every darn calorie! try to use the best Parmesan cheese only for this recipe as it will really make a difference to the taste --- although the amounts stated will make a fair amount of alfredo sauce it may easily be doubled if desired, feel free to add in cooked shrimp or chicken to the alfredo sauce, this is very good!
Top Review by kittycatmom
This recipe is wonderful! As good (maybe even better) than any I've had in a restaurant! I didn't add the cayenne as DH doesn't care for any "heat" I did add steamed broccoli and leftover rotisserie chicken. After the sauce was thickened. I also grated a small bit (1/8 to 1/4 tsp) of fresh nutmeg. Had with recipe #105726. Made in honor of John - Cookathon for Kittencal.
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta (or use as much as desired)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/4 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (use 2 tablespoons for a thicker sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream (or use 18% table cream)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot boiling salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add in fresh garlic, thyme, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper (if using) cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in half and half cream and whipping cream; cook stirring or whisking constantly until bubbly and thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and mix in Parmesan cheese until combined and melted.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Drain the cooked pasta VERY well, then divide into bowls.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine.
- Top each bowl with more Parmesan cheese.