This is a restaurant-quality dish that is rich, creamy and worth every darn calorie! try to use the best Parmesan cheese only for this recipe as it will really make a difference to the taste --- although the amounts stated will make a fair amount of alfredo sauce it may easily be doubled if desired, feel free to add in cooked shrimp or chicken to the alfredo sauce, this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta (or use as much as desired)
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/4 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (use 2 tablespoons for a thicker sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream (or use 18% table cream)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1/2-3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pot boiling salted water until al dente.
- 2While the pasta is cooking melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add in fresh garlic, thyme, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper (if using) cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- 3Add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- 4Add in half and half cream and whipping cream; cook stirring or whisking constantly until bubbly and thickened.
- 5Reduce heat to low and mix in Parmesan cheese until combined and melted.
- 6Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- 7Drain the cooked pasta VERY well, then divide into bowls.
- 8Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine.
- 9Top each bowl with more Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.0
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: