1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Fat-Free Bran Muffins
You won't even be able to tell these are fat free! ---1 cup fresh blueberries or 3/4 cup light raisins may mixed in with the flour mixture and you may reduce the flour 2 tablespoons and add in 2 tablespoons flax --- with the addition of blueberries you will yield 12 muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml wheat bran
- 177.44 ml nonfat milk
- 88.74 ml plain fat-free yogurt (or can use fat-free blueberry or vanilla flavored yogurt)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 177.44 ml brown sugar (if you prefer a sweeter muffin use 3/4 cup if not you may reduce slightly)
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder (not scant, use a good teaspoon of baking powder)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46-4.92 ml cinnamon (optional I like to add it in)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Generously coat 10 regular-size muffin tins with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- 4In a small bowl mix the wheat bran with milk and yogurt; allow to stand for 12-15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- 5In a large bowl whisk the applesauce with egg, brown sugar and vanilla; mix in the bran mixture until thoroughly combined.
- 6In a small bowl combine the flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (then if using mix in the blueberries) add the bran mixture to the dry mixture; using a small spatula fold gently just until combined (fold gently).
- 7Scoop into muffin tins filling almost full.
- 8Bake for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done (these won't take long to bake so watch closely).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Fat-Free Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 305.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g