Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
if your looking for an everyday run-of-the-mill cake-style brownie then pass this by, this is a a moist chewy extreme chocolate bakery-style brownie that takes little time to make and tastes even better the next day, it's everything a good brownie should be! --- I have even made these using half brown sugar and half white sugar, the amount of sugar listed will give you a sweet brownie you may reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup or more if desired or if you have a sweet tooth use amount stated --- add in a couple of tablespoons of coffee-flavored liqueur in place of the vanilla if desired -- according to a reviewer oil may be used in place of the butter successfully --- these brownies freeze very well, they are so simple to make just mix everything by hand, they bake out so rich and sinful! --- see Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
Top Review by Rock Star Mama
nothing short of amazing. I have not made one Kittencal recipe that hasn't been great. Have you written a book yet? If so I want to buy it, I'm sure all your classics will be in there!
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml sugar (reduce to 1-1/4 cups for a less sweeter taste)
- 59.14 ml water
- 946.36 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (24 ounces)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted; cool slightly, beat in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl,whisk eggs, gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating with a wooden spoon until completely mixed.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to the egg/chocolate mixture; mix well to combine.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (don't over bake).
- Cut into squares.
- Note: If desired, chopped walnuts may be added.