1/19 Photos of Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies
if your looking for an everyday run-of-the-mill cake-style brownie then pass this by, this is a a moist chewy extreme chocolate bakery-style brownie that takes little time to make and tastes even better the next day, it's everything a good brownie should be! --- I have even made these using half brown sugar and half white sugar, the amount of sugar listed will give you a sweet brownie you may reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup or more if desired or if you have a sweet tooth use amount stated --- add in a couple of tablespoons of coffee-flavored liqueur in place of the vanilla if desired -- according to a reviewer oil may be used in place of the butter successfully --- these brownies freeze very well, they are so simple to make just mix everything by hand, they bake out so rich and sinful! --- see Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a heavy saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes).
- 4Remove from the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted; cool slightly, beat in vanilla.
- 5In a mixing bowl,whisk eggs, gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating with a wooden spoon until completely mixed.
- 6Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to the egg/chocolate mixture; mix well to combine.
- 7Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- 8Spread into prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes (don't over bake).
- 10Cut into squares.
- 11Note: If desired, chopped walnuts may be added.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 90.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g