Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You may adjust the seasoning amounts to you own taste ---serve this with gravy and mashed potatoes, this is delicious!--- see my Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
- 30 saltine crackers, crushed
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml instant potato flakes
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (as needed)
- 4-6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large resealable bag place the crushed cracker crumbs with the next 7 dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Place the egg in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, using enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Dredge the chicken breasts one at a time into the egg allowing any excess egg to drip off.
- Place the breast (one at a time) into the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place the coated breasts onto a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the breasts in the skillet for 12-15 minutes turning frequently until golden brown and cooked through.
You've done it again Kittencal. This is the BEST fried chicken we have ever had, juicy, well seasoned. Fabulous!!!! I haven't found one of your recipes disappointing. Thanks a bunch!!!!
I've noticed a trend - anything recipe worth repeating has Kitten's name on it. I had saltines, but I also had some Ritz that my 18 month old had started to crush, so I used those instead. :) I used drumsticks; cook time was roughly 12 total minutes; 4 drumsticks per batch. It was great! The kids gobbled them up. I will have to make a double batch next time.
You did it once again!!! This recipe was AWESOME! The flavors were perfect and the chicken was so moist. Thanks for this recipe. Keep them coming.