1/3 Photos of Kittencal's Extra-Crispy Fried Chicken Breast
You may adjust the seasoning amounts to you own taste ---serve this with gravy and mashed potatoes, this is delicious!--- see my Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (as needed)
- 4 -6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1In a large resealable bag place the crushed cracker crumbs with the next 7 dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- 2Place the egg in a shallow dish.
- 3Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, using enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the skillet.
- 4Dredge the chicken breasts one at a time into the egg allowing any excess egg to drip off.
- 5Place the breast (one at a time) into the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.
- 6Place the coated breasts onto a plate.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium.
- 8Cook the breasts in the skillet for 12-15 minutes turning frequently until golden brown and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Extra-Crispy Fried Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 408.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning