1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Extra Crispy French Fries
24 hrs 6 mins
The secret ingredient for extra crispy fries is the sugar water, plan ahead the potatoes must be refrigerated in the sugar water overnight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an extra large bowl dissolve the sugar completely in the water (the sugar must be completely dissolved).
- 2Add in the potato strips and refrigerate overnight.
- 3The following day drain well then pat the strips dry using paper towels.
- 4In a large heavy pot or deep-fryer heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- 5Carefully add potatoes in 2-3 batches and cook in hot oil for about 6 minutes or until golden brown (do not cook all the potatoes in one batch).
- 6Remove the fries using a large slotted spoon or long tongs and immediately season with seasoned salt or white salt while still hot.
- 7*NOTE* save the cooled oil in a jar at room temperature for the next time you make these.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Extra Crispy French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g