Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The secret ingredient for extra crispy fries is the sugar water, plan ahead the potatoes must be refrigerated in the sugar water overnight
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 4/2/11 to go with Recipe#40126. And except for cutting the recipe in half everything was followed as it was written.I guess the oil didn't get hot enough because the fries weren't that crispy. We did however enjoy the taste. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- water (about 4 quarts water)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 6 large red potatoes (cut into 1/4 to 1/3-inch strips)
- canola oil (or use vegetable oil, use enough oil to cover potatoes completely)
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In an extra large bowl dissolve the sugar completely in the water (the sugar must be completely dissolved).
- Add in the potato strips and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day drain well then pat the strips dry using paper towels.
- In a large heavy pot or deep-fryer heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully add potatoes in 2-3 batches and cook in hot oil for about 6 minutes or until golden brown (do not cook all the potatoes in one batch).
- Remove the fries using a large slotted spoon or long tongs and immediately season with seasoned salt or white salt while still hot.
- *NOTE* save the cooled oil in a jar at room temperature for the next time you make these.