Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so good you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the bowl for a taste! ---it's great in a sandwich stuffed in a pita or scooped on a large lettuce leaf, I have served this many times for a luncheon get together and everyone loves it! --- the amounts listed are usually what I use for 8 eggs but the exact measurements do not really matter just use whatever you wish for the amount of eggs you make, I purchase the pimento-stuffed olives for this and I say the more you use the better! after slicing the olives make certain to hand-squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible --- plan ahead slightly the mixture needs to chill for a few hours before using.
Top Review by TheLostBear78 ..
Was well spiced on the cheap 5oz cans of Tuna that are half water from grocery store, but when I tried it on some 6oz cans of dense no added water expensive Tuna it was very much lacking. Next time I use the expensive tuna I will up all spices by 50% and try that. Very good flavor though. Really enjoyed it.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and rinsed over cold water then patted dry using a paper towel OR two 7-ounce cans of tuna, d)
- 2 green onions, chopped small, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed green olive (halved and hand squeezed to remove all moisture)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional and to taste) or 1 pinch Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste)
- 4 -6 slices fresh bread (or use pitas)
- lettuce (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the cooked eggs using an egg slicer or coarsely chop using a fork or flake the tuna in a bowl using a fork.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; lightly mix with a large spatula or spoon until combined (adjust the mayonnaise, salt and pepper amounts to suit taste).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours to blend the flavors.
- Divide the mixture to make sandwiches.
- Note: 1/4- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder may be added if desired.