1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Egg or Tuna and Olive Salad Sandwiches
This is so good you won't be able to keep your spoon out of the bowl for a taste! ---it's great in a sandwich stuffed in a pita or scooped on a large lettuce leaf, I have served this many times for a luncheon get together and everyone loves it! --- the amounts listed are usually what I use for 8 eggs but the exact measurements do not really matter just use whatever you wish for the amount of eggs you make, I purchase the pimento-stuffed olives for this and I say the more you use the better! after slicing the olives make certain to hand-squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible --- plan ahead slightly the mixture needs to chill for a few hours before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and rinsed over cold water then patted dry using a paper towel OR two 7-ounce cans of tuna, d)
- 2 green onions, chopped small, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup pimento stuffed green olive (halved and hand squeezed to remove all moisture)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional and to taste) or 1 pinch Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste)
- 4 -6 slices fresh bread (or use pitas)
- lettuce (optional)
- sliced tomato (optional)
- 1Slice the cooked eggs using an egg slicer or coarsely chop using a fork or flake the tuna in a bowl using a fork.
- 2Add in all remaining ingredients; lightly mix with a large spatula or spoon until combined (adjust the mayonnaise, salt and pepper amounts to suit taste).
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours to blend the flavors.
- 4Divide the mixture to make sandwiches.
- 5Note: 1/4- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder may be added if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Egg or Tuna and Olive Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 504.1 mg
- Sodium 522.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives