1/8 Photos of Kittencal's Easy Tuna or Chicken Noodle Casserole
This is a delicious casserole that can be made using either tuna or 1-1/2 cups or more of cooked cubed chicken or even cooked turkey --- for a thinner sauce use 1 cup of milk or half and half instead of 3/4 cup, prep time includes boiling the egg noodles, if you are not a garlic-lover then you may omit the garlic powder and to zing the flavor up even more add in 1-1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste, I use 1 teaspoon)
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk (or can use half-and-half cream)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can increase to to 3/4 cup)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (can use 2 green onions)
- 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large celery rib, diced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked (can add another 3 ounces for a more meatier casserole if desired, or use cooked chicken or turkey)
- 12 -15 butter flavored crackers, broken in pieces (such as Ritz Crackers)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3Cook the egg noodles in boiling salted water; drain then toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4In a large saucepan, mix the undiluted mushroom soup, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese (if using) milk or half and half, sour cream, salt, pepper, chopped onion, pimiento, bell pepper and celery; cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 15 minutes.
- 5Add in the tuna or chicken; mix to combine.
- 6Combine the mixture with the cooked egg noodles.
- 7Transfer to prepared greased baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle top with the broken Ritz crackers.
- 9Bake for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Tuna or Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.0
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 1114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: