Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This takes only minutes to whip up but *must* be prepared a minimum of 3 hours before serving, longer is even better ;-) I have to say that I have made this using other brands of sweet relish, only Bick's relish seems to work best for this, you will see the difference if you use a different brand! My DH loves this with fish, but it also makes a great sandwich dressing too! Use only mayonnaise for this not salad dressing.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use Hellman's for this)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish (Bick's relish is best)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or use 1-2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic to taste)
- Mix all three ingredients together adjusting the relish and garlic powder amounts to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
THIS is THE RECIPE for tarter sauce I have been looking for!!!! Excellent, better than Hellman's! I added a smidge more garlic, (just my personal taste). I used Heinz relish, can't imagine it tasting better. This will be a staple every Friday evening. Kittencal is THE BEST!!! Thank You~
Kitten, this sauce is delicious beyond belief.. I've searched and searched for a tarter sauce that we would like.. Yours is very easy to prepare, and to repeat myself, D E L I C I O U S.. D H was shocked when i served it. Don't know how I hadn't spoted your recipe before now. Yes, helman's is the best. Althiugh I couldn't fine Bicks relish.
Simple to make; great result! Thanks, Kittencal!