Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy dish to make and so delicious! use you own favorite marinara sauce for this, Classic Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta sauce works well for this ---all amounts may be adjusted to taste, this may also be made using skin on chicken pieces with cooking time increased Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce --- serve with garlic bread and a side salad --- see my Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast
Top Review by Chef Nonie39
This was a bit disappointing. It may be because I used a garlic sauce, but I love the stuff so how can that be a bad thing. Anyway, the cheese did add an interesting taste but the chicken was just plain chicken with jarred sauce over it. Nothing special. Sorry Kitten I usually LOVE all your recipes. This was just ok to me.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jarprepared marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and brown well on both sides (about 10-12 minutes).
- Stir in the sauce and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; allow to stand until the cheese has melted.