Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I made this often for my get togethers it is much fresher tasting than the store-bought, this needs to chill for a minumum of 4 hours, overnight is even better, I like to add in just a little fresh minced garlic to boost up the flavor, you may also add in some horseradish too --- all ingredients may be doubled :)
- 118.29 ml bottled chili sauce (use only a good quality chili sauce for this, I use Heinz brand)
- 59.14 ml ketchup (can use barbecue sauce)
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.19 ml Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- 4.92-9.85 ml sugar
- Combine all ingredients (except salt and sugar; mix well.
- Add in the sugar and salt to taste.
- Chill for 4 or more hours.
Very good shrimp sauce. It was simple to make. Thanks for posting.
I didn't realize that I had tried 3 of your recipes this tiime. This was the perfect cocktail sauce for my husband. He usually won't eat cocktail sauce because of the horseradish. Everyone else liked it as well. Served it with shrimp Momma's Shrimp Thanks KITTENCAL. Bullwinkle