Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is easy but the potatoes will need a few hours or overnight soaked in cold water, the garlic powder and seasoned salt may be adjusted to taste, I have left the cayenne as optional I like to add it in for a little heat, if you are not a garlic-lover then omit the garlic powder --- throw in some chopped green onions the last few minutes of cooking if desired :)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cubed (peel left on or removed)
- 44.37-59.16 ml butter
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional and to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the potatoes in about 3/4-inch squares.
- Place into a large bowl then cover with cold water, rinse then cover once again with water.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 48 hours (the longer soaking time the better!).
- Drain very well in a colander (I like to pat the potatoes dry using paper towels).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add in garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Place the potatoes in the skillet and stir to coat with the butter.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes, turning frequently with a spatula for even browning and crisping.
- Season with more seasoned salt to taste and black pepper.