You may reduce the amount of rhubarb and add in fresh strawberries if desired, try adding in different flavors of gelatin too! Plan ahead the fruit/sugar mixture needs to stand overnight before cooking, if you prefer a sweet jam use the 3 cups sugar... your going to love this jam!
- In a large saucepan stir together the fresh rhubarb with the sugar; cover with a lid and let stand 24 hours.
- After the 24 hours bring the rhurbarb and sugar to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and boil stirring constantly for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in the gelatin powder until completely combined.
- Transfer to sterilized glass jars and refrigerate.