Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Considering how easy this is to make, it makes a great strawberry jam, good on waffles, pancakes and for a cheesecake topping! It will keep in the refrigerator covered for up to 2 weeks.
- 453.59 g fresh ripe strawberry, trimmed and halved (use only red ripe berries)
- 158.51-236.59 ml sugar (I found that 2/3 cup was enough sugar for me)
- 29.58 ml powdered fruit pectin
- 9.85-14.78 ml fresh lemon juice
- red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mash the strawberries using a potato masher or fork.
- In a large skillet stir together the mashed berries, sugar, pectin and lemon juice (starting with 2/3 cup sugar and adding in more desired I found that 2/3 cup plenty for me!) boil until slightly thickened about 5 minutes, add in a couple drops of red food colouring if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl to cool.
- Store tightly covered in a glass jar in the refrigerator until ready to serve.