1/22 Photos of Kittencal's Easy One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes
This recipe goes back over 20 years, I like the simplicity of this recipe and for a one bowl cupcake they are pretty darn good, 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract may be used in place of the vanilla, using butter in place of shortening will alter the texture it is best to only use shortening --- if you don't have paper liners grease the tins generously or see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (can use 1-1/4 cup for a less sweeter taste ,or can use 3/4 cup Splenda)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening (very soft but not melted, Crisco is best)
- 3/4 cup milk (or half and half cream)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or use 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- 3Add in the shortening cream or milk, vanilla and eggs; beat on medium speed of an electric mixer scraping the bowl constantly until just blended (the batter will be thick, if desired you may add in a few more tablespoons cream or milk).
- 4Pour into paper-lined regular size muffin tins filling under just three-quarters full.
- 5Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the cupcakes test done (do not overbake as they will be dry).
- 6Immediately remove from pans.
- 7Cool completely before frosting.
- 8*Note* if desired 1-1/2 tsp almond extract may be used instead of vanilla, for a almond flavor.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (965 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 193.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g