You may not bother baking cheesecake again once you try this! --- I strongly recommend to use only Philadelphia brand cream cheese I have made this using other brands and it was not as good, plan ahead there is a 5 hour chilling time ---for chocolate option see bottom of the recipe
- 9 inch graham cracker crumb crust (or can use chocolate or vanilla flavor, I like the chocolate)
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 85.04 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sifted confectioners' sugar (must be sifted)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 22.18-29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml soft butter
- 340.19 g containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (return the remaining half of the Cool Whip to the freezer and use for the next time)
- pie filling (use favorite flavor, I like cherry or blueberry)
- In a large bowl beat all cream cheese with confectioners sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and soft butter until smooth and fluffy scraping down the sides of bowl a few times during beating.
- Using a spatula fold in the half of the container of Cool Whip until well combined (I start with mixing with a spatula then finish beating on low speed for about 1 minute),.
- Transfer to prepared crumb crust.
- Refrigerate for 5 or more hours.
- Before serving spread the pie filling on top.
- FOR CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.
- A chocolate crust and cherry pie filling is recommend.
- Omit the lemon juice. melt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute removing halfway to stir, gradually add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture beating on low speed until blended, then fold in the Cool Whip.