You may not bother baking cheesecake again once you try this! --- I strongly recommend to use only Philadelphia brand cream cheese I have made this using other brands and it was not as good, plan ahead there is a 5 hour chilling time ---for chocolate option see bottom of the recipe
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crumb crust (or can use chocolate or vanilla flavor, I like the chocolate)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar (must be sifted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 (12 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (return the remaining half of the Cool Whip to the freezer and use for the next time)
- pie filling (use favorite flavor, I like cherry or blueberry)
- In a large bowl beat all cream cheese with confectioners sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and soft butter until smooth and fluffy scraping down the sides of bowl a few times during beating.
- Using a spatula fold in the half of the container of Cool Whip until well combined (I start with mixing with a spatula then finish beating on low speed for about 1 minute),.
- Transfer to prepared crumb crust.
- Refrigerate for 5 or more hours.
- Before serving spread the pie filling on top.
- FOR CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.
- A chocolate crust and cherry pie filling is recommend.
- Omit the lemon juice. melt 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute removing halfway to stir, gradually add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture beating on low speed until blended, then fold in the Cool Whip.
Use this recipe all the time when I need a cheesecake fix at home. Love the chocolate option and sprinkle crushed butterfinger or heath candy bars on top.
Excellent! Good texture, very creamy. And so easy to make, thanks for another great recipe Kittencal.
I gave this recipe 5 stars. I made this for my bosses birthday as she loves cheesecake. Everyone loved it! It tasted so creamy and had such a wonderful cream cheese flavor. The only change I made to the recipe was to leave out the lemon because I didn't have any on hand. Overall I thought this was one of the best no bake cheesecakes I've ever had and will make it again for sure! Thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)