Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You will be surprised at how easy and delicious this fudge is and it sets to the perfect texture! --- if you prefer a less sweeter taste then remove 2 tablespoons of white sugar after measuring the 1-2/3 cups --- evaporated milk may be replaced for the cream, using good-quality chocolate chips for this will only improve the flavor--- for easy removal from the pan, line pan with a large piece of foil overlapping on both sides, to remove the fudge lift up foil, remove foil from bottom of the fudge then place the block of fudge onto a flat surface and slice into small squares, or you may slice the fudge in the pan --- you will love this fudge!
Top Review by userjn3670
My husband says it's the best fudge he has ever eaten! And is mom was known for her delicious, secret recipe fudge! I've had 20+ people try it and everyone loves it. I even ask them what would they change about the taste and they have all said there's nothing to change. It's exactly how they like their fudge to taste. It's creamy, not overly sweet, plain good!
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar (remove 2 tablespoons for a less-sweeter fudge)
- 2⁄3 cup 18% table cream or 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 3⁄4 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter an 8-inch square pan (or line with foil overlapping on the ends to remove the complete block of fudge).
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, cream, butter and salt; bring to a boil (careful the mixture does not run over the pot).
- Reduce heat to medium-low or low and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking (start timing after the mixture is at a full boil).
- Remove from heat and add in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla; beat vigorously with a wooden spoon or a whisk until the marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted and combined (this should take about 1 minute or less).
- Mix in nuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate.
- Cut into small squares.