Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You will be surprised at how easy and delicious this fudge is and it sets to the perfect texture! --- if you prefer a less sweeter taste then remove 2 tablespoons of white sugar after measuring the 1-2/3 cups --- evaporated milk may be replaced for the cream, using good-quality chocolate chips for this will only improve the flavor--- for easy removal from the pan, line pan with a large piece of foil overlapping on both sides, to remove the fudge lift up foil, remove foil from bottom of the fudge then place the block of fudge onto a flat surface and slice into small squares, or you may slice the fudge in the pan --- you will love this fudge!
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar (remove 2 tablespoons for a less-sweeter fudge)
- 2⁄3 cup 18% table cream or 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 3⁄4 cup pecans (optional)
- Butter an 8-inch square pan (or line with foil overlapping on the ends to remove the complete block of fudge).
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, cream, butter and salt; bring to a boil (careful the mixture does not run over the pot).
- Reduce heat to medium-low or low and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking (start timing after the mixture is at a full boil).
- Remove from heat and add in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla; beat vigorously with a wooden spoon or a whisk until the marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted and combined (this should take about 1 minute or less).
- Mix in nuts if using.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate.
- Cut into small squares.
This is the best fudge I have ever made! A keeper in my recipe files.
Very easy and tasty. This won't last long in my house. Thanks for a great recipe. Will be making again.
Delicious! This recipe will be going into my permanent cook book and will be a favorite for years to come! Now the fun part is to try and keep my hands out of the container!