My family *loves* this! I have written the easy method which does not include browning the chops, I would suggest to brown them first it really makes a difference in the taste and also reduces cooking time slightly but it is not necessary, fresh sauteed mushrooms may be replaced for the canned, do not use the thin fast fry chops for this
- 6 pork chops
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional, use for a thinner sauce)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (or use fresh sauteed in butter before using in this recipe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place the pork chops in the baking dish in one layer.
- In a bowl combine all remaining ingredients except the cheddar cheese, until well blended, then pour over the chops (lifting and turning the chops to coat with the sauce).
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops).
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- At the end of cooking sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and return to oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese (the cheddar cheese is only optional).