1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Easy Moist Salmon Steaks
This recipe goes back years, the mayo is the secret to this recipe it's what locks in all the moisture in the fish, you can also use large thick salmon fillets in place of the steaks, I like to use Atlantic salmon fillets, but any salmon will do fine, this can easily be doubled, adjust the salt and pepper amount to taste, these also may be made on the grill placed on a pan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (can reduce to 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use about 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste, I usually use lemon pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (can omit if desired or increased amount)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Butter an 8 x 8-inch baking.
- 3Rinse the salmon steaks and pat dry.
- 4In a bowl mix/whisk the melted butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder; add to the glass baking dish.
- 5Add in the salmon steaks; turn to coat well and evenly in the butter/mayo mixture.
- 6Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Moist Salmon Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.1
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 789.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: