Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe goes back years, the mayo is the secret to this recipe it's what locks in all the moisture in the fish, you can also use large thick salmon fillets in place of the steaks, I like to use Atlantic salmon fillets, but any salmon will do fine, this can easily be doubled, adjust the salt and pepper amount to taste, these also may be made on the grill placed on a pan
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (can reduce to 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use about 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste, I usually use lemon pepper)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (can omit if desired or increased amount)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Butter an 8 x 8-inch baking.
- Rinse the salmon steaks and pat dry.
- In a bowl mix/whisk the melted butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder; add to the glass baking dish.
- Add in the salmon steaks; turn to coat well and evenly in the butter/mayo mixture.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
This was awesome. So glad this was posted! Never would have thought of it! I made some changes based on reviews. We made 4 steaks so I doubled the butter, but kept the mayo the same. Used only 2 T lemon juice, 2 t Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 t seasoned salt, couple dashes of paprika, 1/4 tsp basil and dill (dried) and some garlic powder. I threw some sliced mushrooms in there too. This was so so good. And you are right! The mayo is the trick! If you think its too heavy in mayo flavor as written then just lessen it up. Everyone in my family loved this! Will absolutely make again!
I only made one piece of salmon so I cut everything in half. Husband loved it!
Score another winner for Kittencal! This was delicious. I thought I had plenty of mayo, but as usual the boys left the jar nearly empty. So, I used a little mayo and some homemade plain yogurt. The recipe was very tasty and made a big hit with the gang.