This is a wonderful easy and quick no-fat gravy that may be used with canned broth or de-fatted chicken or turkey pan drippings and also may be made using beef drippings or canned beef broth --- if you are using chicken or turking drippings from the pan defat in a fat separator firstly then if needed add in fat-free chicken broth or water to equal 2 cups there is no need to add in the bouillon powder and garlic powder with the drippings just heat on top of the stove in a saucepan and continue with the flour/milk mixture --- this is a wonderful recipe for no-fat gravy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth (or de-fatted pan drippings and if needed add in chicken broth or water to measure 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (OMIT if using pan drippings)
- 3 teaspoons oxo chicken bouillon powder (or 1 small envelope, OMIT if using pan drippings)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (for a thicker gravy increase flour by 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (or for a more creamy gravy use 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk)
- 1In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the broth with black pepper, garlic powder,and chicken boullion powder; cook over medium-low heat until at a simmer.
- 2In a bowl whisk the flour with milk until smooth; add to the simmering broth stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 3Continue stirring until bubby and thickened.
- 4Season with more black pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Make Anytime Fat-Free Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 540.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g