Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a simple yet delicious shrimp dish, serve it alone with a crusty French baguette bread to dip in the sauce and a side salad, or serve it over cooked fettuccine or rice --- make certain to completely dry the shrimp with paper towels before using in the recipe, feel free to add in a pinch of your favorite dried herbs and omit the fresh parsley --- servings will yield 3-4 but may easily be increased.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Well, we sure loved it! Simple and delicious. Served over fresh spinach with the recommended crusty bread. Just can't go wrong with these ingredients and flavor - thanks for a winner!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of, large
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat; add in garlic and cayenne pepper, saute stirring for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add in wine and bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer uncovered until reduced by at least half.
- Add in shrimp then drizzle the juice of 1 lemon over the shrimp; stir until the shrimp turn translucent (about 2-3 minutes (this will not take long cook only until the shrimp turn pink over cooking will make them tough and rubbery) season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat then sprinkle with fresh parsley.