1 hr 20 mins
This lasagna is easier than most as there is no pre-cooking the noodles, do not use the no-boil noodles for this just regular lasagna noodles, the no-boil with become too soft with the addition of the water --- this was tested using Classico Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce, any meatless Classico pasta sauce will do fine or you could use your own favorite brand --- I suggest to prepare the meat sauce up to 2 days ahead this will not only save you time but the flavors will ripen and intensify for a better tasting sauce --- cooking time does not include the meat sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (you may use 3 more noodles see step#7)
- 1 lb ground beef (or half each) or 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (or half each)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 6 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- salt and black pepper (optional and to taste)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (can use more)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup water (can use 1-2 tablespoons more)
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2In a skillet cook the ground beef with onion until no longer pink; drain fat.
- 3Add in garlic (if using) and continue to cook until the meat is slightly browned (about 8 minutes).
- 4Add in pasta sauce; bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 40-45 minutes or even a little longer stirring occasionally, and seasoning with salt and pepper towards the end of cooking time (if you are making ahead cool to room temperature cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days, heat the sauce on top of the stove or in the microwave until hot before using for the lasagna).
- 6Meanwhile in a bowl mix all the filling ingredients together until well combined (taste the mixture and if so desired you may add in more seasoned salt and black pepper to suit taste).
- 7TO ASSEMBLE; spread 1/3 meat sauce into the bottom of the dish, then place 3 uncooked noodles lengthwise on the sauce (if desired you may use another noodle at the end of the dish facing across but you will need to snap off a bit of the end to fit in the dish).
- 8Dollup then spread half the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the noodles leaving about 1-inch space from the edge of the dish (the cheese mixture does not have to cover the noodles completely).
- 9Repeat with 3 noodles, remaining cheese mixture, then 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- 10Top with remaining 3 noodles then remaining 1/3 meat sauce.
- 11Sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on top then 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 12Using a small spoon drizzle the water all around the edges of the pan at the same time slightly pushing the edges of the lasagna inwards to make room for the water.
- 13Place onto a baking sheet to prevent any spills (your pan will be very full).
- 14Set oven to 350 degrees F (oven rack set to bottom position).
- 15Cover tightly with a double layer of foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 16Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 17Allow to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.5
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.0 mg
- Sodium 494.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
meatless spaghetti sauce