Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This bread is a snap to make and so delicious made on the grill, prepare all the slices ahead and grill the same time with other food, I did not list amounts for salt, pepper and garlic powder, you may use as much as desired and the garlic powder is only optional I always add it on, if desired sprinkle on some shredded cheese after the last turn but do not turn the bread over --- servings is only estimated.
- Slice the French bread diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices or as thick as desired.
- Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle one side of the slice lightly with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder if using.
- Place seasoned side down on the grill.
- Grill over medium heat until lightly toasted about 1-3 minutes, cooking time will depend on how hot your grill is (check frequently to avoid burning).
- Using long tongs turn the bread over and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder; grill until toasted.
DH had never had grilled (bbq) bread before and he was so surprised that is was crunchy on the outside and so warm and soft inside. I used a Chiabatta bread for this. I too, made it with the butter/olive oil combo. This is fast and easy. Thank you KITTENCAL for sharing. Made this for ZWT5 Zingo for The GroovyGastronomes.
This is now my favorite way to make garlic bread. I made this as directed with half olive oil and half butter Yum! Thank you Kittencal for a lovely side dish. Made for the Dining Daredevils team for ZWT5 Zingo.
This was so easy - I'll be making it often (or DH will - on the grill!) I made mine on the GF indoor grill and it was crusty and buttery, tho I used the olive oil/butter combo. I also used the garlic powder. Thanks, Kittencal, for posting. Made for ZWT 5 Zingo.