This bread is a snap to make and so delicious made on the grill, prepare all the slices ahead and grill the same time with other food, I did not list amounts for salt, pepper and garlic powder, you may use as much as desired and the garlic powder is only optional I always add it on, if desired sprinkle on some shredded cheese after the last turn but do not turn the bread over --- servings is only estimated.
- Slice the French bread diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices or as thick as desired.
- Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle one side of the slice lightly with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder if using.
- Place seasoned side down on the grill.
- Grill over medium heat until lightly toasted about 1-3 minutes, cooking time will depend on how hot your grill is (check frequently to avoid burning).
- Using long tongs turn the bread over and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder; grill until toasted.