1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Easy Crock Pot Chuck Roast With Vegetables
8 hrs 15 mins
You may also add in 1/3 cup dry red wine, do not add in any extra salt to this --- cooking time is for a 4-pound roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 lb) beef chuck roast
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth (use only low-sodium broth)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsley chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounces small white button mushrooms (leave whole do not slice, can use more)
- 1Season the roast with black pepper and garlic powder (do not season with salt).
- 2Heat oil in a skillet or pot over medium-high heat; add in roast and brown on all sides.
- 3Place the onion soup mix, broth and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker; mix to combine.
- 4Add in the browned roast and turn the roast a few times to coat in the broth mixture.
- 5Sprinkle the veggies around the roast.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8-10 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Crock Pot Chuck Roast With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.8
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 515.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 52.4 g