There are plenty versions of this recipe, this is mine and can be on your table in less that an hour, my family loves this chicken! --- the ranch dressing is the secret it holds in all the flavor and moistness while the chicken is baking and also adds flavor, I find that Hidden Valley Ranch dressing works the best but Kraft or any other brand will do, I sometimes top the baked chicken with mozzarella cheese or cheddar, but that is optional --- although I have only made this using breasts I imagine that chicken pieces could be used although you would have to increase the breadcrumb mixture slightly, you can marinate the chicken breast in the ranch dressing for a few hours in the fridge, although you will need more than 1 cup of dressing if you are marinating .... *NOTE* to avoid a soggy bottom crust, place the chicken breasts onto a flat rack on top the baking sheet, also it is important not to bake the chicken in a small baking pan, if you do not have a rack bake on a large baking sheet so any juices in the pan will spread out and not accumulate under the chicken causing a soggy bottom --------------- FOR LOW-FAT OPTION: use low-fat Ranch dressing and omit the melted butter on top or use a healthy butter alternative such as Smart Balance 50/50 blend.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (even better, use panko breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing (use bottled salad dressing, you might need a bit more dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (no substitutes)
- Set oven to 400° degrees (set oven rack to lowest position).
- In a shallow bowl mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken into the ranch dressing to coat both sides (allow any excess to drip off).
- Coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet or line with non-stick foil (do NOT bake in a smaller baking dish or the bottom of the chicken will be soggy).
- Lightly drizzle the melted butter over each breast (for low-fat option omit the butter or use a diet alternative).
- If desired you can sprinkle black pepper over the chicken pieces .
- Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked).