Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is best when small new potatoes are used although it works well using large red potatoes, there is nothing fancy about this but it is big on flavor, I make this often using green onions and fresh dill from my garden --- since everyone's tastes are different you may may need to adjust the amounts --- I sometimes purchase a whole piece of cooked deli ham, chop it up into cubes and add it to this salad --- cooking time is chilling time
- 3 lbs new small baby potatoes (washed and unpeeled)
- 6 large whole radishes, chopped
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (sliced with an egg slicer or knife)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (if you are a garlic-lover use 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or use 1 teaspoon dried dill or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste or use white salt to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional and to taste) (optional)
- Wash and scrub the outside of the new potatoes (do not peel).
- Place into pot and cover with cold water; add in 2 tablespoons salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook intil just fork tender.
- Remove to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Slice the cooled potatoes in half.
- Add in green onions and sliced eggs; toss to combine.
- In a small or medium bowl bowl combine the sour cream with sugar, garlic powder, fresh dill and seasoned salt; pour over the potatoes and toss to combine.
- Season with black pepper to taste if desired.
- Chill for a minimum of 3 or more hours before serving.
I don't usually like potato salad, but I love this recipe! I make it every time we host a summertime party, and it always gets compliments! Thanks!
Sorry for the low stars Kitten, this was just shockingly "blah" for us. I even tried more then doubling the seasonings and nothing really came through. I think adding the chopped pickles would probably have been a good idea, but I was trying to find a recipe for potato salad that my anti vinegar/pickle/mayo mother would try. It looked perfect in every way but just didn't turn out how I expected.
I can't believe no one has reviewed this. I did cut the recipe in half and added some chopped sweet pickles. This was wonderful. Thanks for sharing.