1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Crock Pot French Dip Roast
10 hrs 10 mins
Use only low sodium soy sauce and beef broth for this, my family likes spicy so I add in some crushed chili flakes also, I have left the onion powder or onion flakes as optional if you are an onion-lover then you might want to include it --- any leftover beef gravy may be frozen to use later for gravies or soup bases
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) rump roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional, or use 3 tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes, slightly crushed)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 large bay leaf
- water (as much as needed to cover)
- 10 Italian rolls, sliced (or use French rolls)
- 1Trim all visible fat from the roast then using a fork poke deep holes all over the meat.
- 2Place the beef roast in the crock pot.
- 3In a bowl combine the soy sauce, beef broth, black pepper, thyme, onion powder or onion flakes and fresh garlic or garlic powder; pour the mixture over the roast.
- 4Place the bay leaf into the crock pot.
- 5Add in enough water to almost cover the roast then mix to combine.
- 6Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 2 hours.
- 7Reduce the setting to LOW and continue to cook for about 5 hours more or until the meat is very tender.
- 8After cooking skim off the fat that has accumulated on the top.
- 9Remove the gravy and reserve.
- 10Discard the bay leaf.
- 11Shred the meat with a fork or slice thinly.
- 12Divide/pile the meat onto the rolls; serve as sandwiches, then serve the reserved broth for a dipping.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Crock Pot French Dip Roast
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 714.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 41.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth