Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love the leftover crispy pieces of potatoes left in the pan then this is one you will enjoy! --- the potatoes must be cooked and completely cold before slicing which makes this the perfect recipe to use up leftover potatoes, I love making this with leftover potatoes from a roast they have so much flavor --- make lots or make a small amount I always make lots my family loves these better than fries! --- prep time does not include boiling the potatoes.
- 7 medium red potatoes (cooked and cold or use as many potatoes as desired)
- oil (for frying)
- seasoning salt
- Slice the cold potatoes into about 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes then place on a large plate or in a bowl; set the plate or bowl near the stove.
- Heat about 1/2-inch oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the potatoes and cook on one side until well browned, then turn over and cook until crispy and browned or just toss until browned on all sides (adding in more oil as needed and cooking the potatoes to desired crispness).
- Transfer browned potatoes to small baking sheet or plate then sprinkle with seasoned salt to taste.
I loved this! Nothing this easy should taste so good. I?m gonna have to buy bigger pants. <sigh>
Made as directed and we all enjoyed these.
fantastic! i used baby yukon golds and left the skin on. cooked the potatoes a day or so ago and diced them up the night before the big father's day breakfast! seasoned with tons of salt and pepper and used half butter and half evoo for frying. thanks for the awesome potato recipe!! reminds me of my grandma's fried potato recipe.