If you don't have panko just use dry breadcrumbs
Make and share this Kittencal's Crispy Garlic Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (can use hard margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (can use regular dry breadcrumbs but the coating will not be as crispy)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (can use more garlic powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (do not use more than 1/2 teaspoon or the flavor will be too strong)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Grease a small baking sheet.
- In a shallow bowl combine melted butter with 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder and (if using) 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
- In another bowl combine all breading ingredients (remove about half to another small bowl to add in as needed).
- Dip the breast into the melted butter turning a few times to coat generously, then coat in the breading mixture pressing down firmly with hands to adhere the coating to the breast (you may need to turn the chicken breast a few time to coat well).
- Place on baking sheet.
- Continue with remaining chicken adding in more breading to the bowl as needed to coat the chicken.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.