Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A family favorite, and a wonderful way to serve cabbage! Tip: I keep my bacon dripping in ice cube containers then freeze for recipes such as this one, the bacon drippings seem give so much extra flavor to a recipe. You'll love this!
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons bacon drippings (or to taste)
- 1 medium green cabbage, coarsely chopped (core removed)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional and to taste)
- In a large frypan or Dutch oven, melt the butter and bacon drippings.
- Saute the onion and garlic for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add in the chopped cabbage; cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until soft (if the cabbage browns a bit, and it most likely will, not to worry, it will still taste great!).
- Season with salt, pepper and add in desired amount of caraway seeds.
- Add in the undiluted soup, whipping cream and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Adjust salt and pepper, and add in more cheese if desired to taste.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
This was a hit with the kids and adults, I got a reguest for the recipe.