Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A creamy dressing with the perfect blend of spices, adjust the amount of dill to suit taste I advise not to use more than 2 teaspoon fresh garlic or it will overpower the dressing, all other amounts may be adjusted to suit taste --- don't even think about serving this dressing until after it's chilled for at least 4 or more hours and the longer the better --- for a lower fat option use low-fat mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk --- for Ranch Peppercorn dressing add in 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper or to taste, and for Parmesan ranch dressing add in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or to taste --- this makes a fantastic veggie dip!
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml buttermilk (for a thinner dressing use 3/4 cup)
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.59-1.23 ml dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 14.78 ml dried parsley flakes
- 9.85 ml fresh minced garlic (or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1 large green onion, minced
- Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste I like to add it in to boost the flavor even more)
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, dill weed, parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, black pepper, salt and minced green onion; whisk until well blended.
- Adjust the amount of salt and pepper if needed and add in some Tabasco sauce if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before using or overnight, the longer the better.
One thing about Kittencal's recipes, you can always depend on them for being the very best. I'm a long time user of recipezaar and have a few highly rated recipes on here myself, but not the comprehensive list that she does! I've gotten in the habit of using her name in the search box when I'm looking for a recipe because I know it will be the best one available. I have so many of her dishes in my personal recipe book and guests just rave over them when I cook. Kittencal, just know that you are appreciated and loved here on the zaar, and please, keep those recipes coming!
I switched the amounts for the mayo and sour cream. I prefer more sour cream. I also used all lot fat ingredients. Love the taste. Thanks for a keeper.
This recipe is very good. I used the high end of the dill (because I love dill) and wish I would not have. It just overpowers the other flavors. Next time, I will use the lesser amount. Also, and this is just personal taste, I think I like Ranch with a little less mayo taste. So, next time I would probably start with 1/2 cup mayo and more sour cream. I did add more buttermilk as suggested. Thanks for a great recipe!