A creamy dressing with the perfect blend of spices, adjust the amount of dill to suit taste I advise not to use more than 2 teaspoon fresh garlic or it will overpower the dressing, all other amounts may be adjusted to suit taste --- don't even think about serving this dressing until after it's chilled for at least 4 or more hours and the longer the better --- for a lower fat option use low-fat mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk --- for Ranch Peppercorn dressing add in 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper or to taste, and for Parmesan ranch dressing add in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or to taste --- this makes a fantastic veggie dip!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (for a thinner dressing use 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1 large green onion, minced
- Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste I like to add it in to boost the flavor even more)
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, dill weed, parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, black pepper, salt and minced green onion; whisk until well blended.
- Adjust the amount of salt and pepper if needed and add in some Tabasco sauce if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before using or overnight, the longer the better.