Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy simple dressing but big on flavor! To make this into a low-fat dressing use fat-free salad dressing and milk, Splenda can be used in place of sugar. Add in a little orange juice concentrate if desired, this dressing is wonderful served on a bed of fresh spinach, with mandarin oranges and toasted almonds, and see Kittencal's Spinach Salad With Balsamic Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3⁄4 cup salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip salad dressing)
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half cream (or use milk)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a small bowl whisk together salad dressing, milk, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper until smooth.
- Mix in poppy seeds.
- Chill until ready to use.
Used olive oil mayo, coconut vinegar, a bit of dijon mustard and a little less sugar. This has become our new favorite dressing for slaw. Can't eat pulled pork without it. Thanks for another great recipe.
We loved this dressing! Great on a salad with fresh apples diced up. I used low fat may and fat free half and half....Thanks Kittencal for another great recipe!
Hubby is in love with this dressing! He rarely says more than "it's good" when I ask him how he likes something, but this one he's actually requested a few times. It's a tad sweet for my tastes as written, I may play around with reduced the sugar a tad. I used Reduced Fat Miracle Whip and milk. Thanks for another great recipe Kittencal!