Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been making this for years it's one of my family's favorite rice dishes! use arborio rice only for this any other rice will not produce the same creamy texture --- keep all chicken broth hot in a saucepan next to where you are making the risotto and also have a ladle handy --- make certain to prepare this rice when you have a bit of time as it will take between 25-30 minutes in front of the stove top to make this.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
Another delicious recipe Kitten !! I had made some of my Osso Bucco for lunch this past week and felt like some cheesy risotto and of course I found yours and had to try. Delicious stuff as all of your recipes are.. I just had added about 1/4 cup of white wine after adding the arborio rice to the pan. I also just cut the recipe in half for just the two of us. Oh how I love Risotto, and your recipe was just so nice and creamy with a great cheese taste. Yummy stuff....Thanks for sharing this wonderful dish Kitten ....
- 5 cups hot good-quality chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese (can use less)
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan; reduce the heat, to low and cover the saucepan to keep hot.
- In another heavy-bottomed saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat, add in onion and saute until very tender but not brown (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add in garlic and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Increase heat slightly and add in the rice; stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in 1-1/2 cups hot broth with a ladle; boil gently, stirring until the broth is absorbed.
- Add in another 1 cup broth, and stir until absorbed.
- Add in 1/2 cup broth at a time allowing the broth to absorb before adding in another 1/2 cup (do this until you have used up all of the broth) stirring frequently until the rice is tender and creamy (this should take between 25-30 minutes).
- Stir in 3 tablespoons butter and 1-1/4 cup (or less) grated Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley.