1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Creamy Parmesan Risotto
I have been making this for years it's one of my family's favorite rice dishes! use arborio rice only for this any other rice will not produce the same creamy texture --- keep all chicken broth hot in a saucepan next to where you are making the risotto and also have a ladle handy --- make certain to prepare this rice when you have a bit of time as it will take between 25-30 minutes in front of the stove top to make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan; reduce the heat, to low and cover the saucepan to keep hot.
- 2In another heavy-bottomed saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat, add in onion and saute until very tender but not brown (about 8-10 minutes).
- 3Add in garlic and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 4Increase heat slightly and add in the rice; stir for 1 minute.
- 5Slowly add in 1-1/2 cups hot broth with a ladle; boil gently, stirring until the broth is absorbed.
- 6Add in another 1 cup broth, and stir until absorbed.
- 7Add in 1/2 cup broth at a time allowing the broth to absorb before adding in another 1/2 cup (do this until you have used up all of the broth) stirring frequently until the rice is tender and creamy (this should take between 25-30 minutes).
- 8Stir in 3 tablespoons butter and 1-1/4 cup (or less) grated Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Creamy Parmesan Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 865.4
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 2122.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 31.8 g