1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Creamy Parmesan Oven-Baked Rice
This is creamy and delicious, you may also add in some frozen thawed peas or canned drained sliced mushrooms or fresh sauteed, if you are not a garlic lover then omit the fresh garlic or you may use 1/2 teaspoon or more of garlic powder --- if you love risotto then you will love this rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml oil (or as needed to cover bottom of the saucepan can use butter or half of each)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (can use more)
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese (more to mix in after cooking if desired)
- 236.59 ml uncooked long grain white rice
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F (or 350 degrees F for air-convection oven).
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Heat oil in a medium oven-proof saucepan over medium-high heat; add in onion and saute until softened (about 4 minutes).
- 4Add in garlic; cook stirring for about 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add in the next 5 ingredients; stir over medium heat until smooth and bubbly.
- 6Mix in the rice, then season with black pepper and salt.
- 7Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and stir the mixture ( the saucepan will be hot so handle carefully holding with a tea towel).
- 10Return to oven and continue baking uncovered for another 10-15 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- 11You may mix in more Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 12The rice is best if served immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Creamy Parmesan Oven-Baked Rice
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 762.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 11.8 g