Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a lover of Greek salad and Greek food then you are certain to enjoy this --- once you make this a few times you will most likely need to play around with the dressing ingredient to suit taste, I have listed 1/3 cup mayonnaise to be added to the dressing you may need to adjust the mayonnaise amount to desired creaminess after the salad is mixed --- plan ahead this salad needs to chill for at least 4 hours before serving
- 1 lb dry rotini pasta
- 1 small cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped (or use 5-6 green onion, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed feta cheese (you will need more for the dressing)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or use 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning in place of oregano and basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (more if needed mixed in the salad at the end)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cool the pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain then rinse well under cold water.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl.
- Add in cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, olives and cubed feta cheese; toss to combine.
- For the dressing; in a processor place the garlic clove and process until minced.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except the mayonnaise;process until well blended (about 20-30 seconds) then add in the mayonnaise and process until combined.
- Pour over the salad ingredients in the bowl; toss to combine (if you prefer a creamier salad then add in more mayonnaise to taste).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.