Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I developed this dressing to use on any pasta or potato salad --- Club House Salads n' Dips Ranch Style dry mix will also work well --- all ingredients can be adjusted to taste --- prep time does not include boiling the eggs, this makes a ton of dressing you may reduce by half if desired --- you will also find this recipe here http://kittencalskitchen.com/2010/05/24/kittens-pasta-or-potato-salad-dressing-with-egg/
- 1 (28 g) packagedry hidden valley dry ranch dressing mix (can use another brand but Hidden Valley seems to be the best!)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (or just use 3 cups mayonnaise)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup milk (or use buttermilk)
- 1⁄3 cup sweet relish (can add in more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 5 -6 hard-boiled egg yolks, mashed well
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- seasoned salt and black pepper (can use white salt, seasoned is better)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the egg yolks to a fine powder (or as close to a fine powder as you can, save the whites to add in the pasta salad).
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry dressing mix with mayo, salad dressing and milk until very smooth.
- Mix in the sweet relish, mustard, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Adjust the relish and mustard adding in more to to taste if desired.
- Add in the mashed egg yolk and whisk vigorously to combine (there might still be small pieces of yolk, not too worry!).
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Pour over cooked pasta or cubed potatoes and chill for a couple of hours.