1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Two medium regular cucumbers may be used in place of one large English cucumber, I prefer the taste and texture of English and has less water in it ---plan ahead there is a 75 minute draining time for the cucumber slices to remove excess moisture, this is a crucial step to prevent a watery salad, the onion is only optional, I like to add it in, this is a great recipe for garden fresh cucumbers :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large English cucumber (peeled, halved lengthwise, seeds removed then sliced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 -4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1Place the cucumber slices into a glass bowl, sprinkle with vinegar and kosher salt; toss using hands.
- 2Allow to sit for about 45 minutes.
- 3Pour out any liquid from the bowl and drain in a colander; allow to sit for another 30 minutes to allow any excess drainage.
- 4In a bowl mix together the mayonnaise with sour cream, sugar, fresh dill and black pepper.
- 5Place the cucumbers in a bowl; pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
- 6Mix in red onion slices (if using).
- 7Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Creamy Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 656.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g