Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
you may adjust the chocolate syrup to taste, if you don't mind the extra calories use half and half cream in place of the milk for an extra creamy milkshake :)
- 3 scoops chocolate ice cream (slightly softened but not melted, about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk (or use half and half cream)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- canned whipped cream
- Place the ice cream into the blender.
- Pour in 1/2 cup milk (add in more milk for a thinner consistency).
- Pour in the chocolate syrup; blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large tall glass (use a chilled glass if possible).
- Top with canned whipped cream (use as much as desired).
- Insert a long thick straw and enjoy!
Whats not to love about a chocolate shake? I need to use no sugar added ice cream and even though I have been asking the local store only wants to carry vanilla. SO, after adding the milk (skim) I put in 3 heaping tsps of cocoa powder and 2 heaping tsps of homemade hot chocolate mix made with Splenda to supply the sweetness that would have come from the syrup. With a good blending it all came together in a rich creamy and very chocolatey shake. :D
Excellent! I actually used heavy whipping cream because it's what I keep in the fridge for my morning coffee. I don't think I used enough ice cream because my shakes were pretty thin, but the taste was fantastic and creamy! Thanks for another wonderful one Kit!
mmmm very good and tasty chocolate shake!!Thanks Kit