Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This should yield about 3 cups gravy, if you don't use it all you can freeze it, use a good-quality chicken broth for this
Top Review by Chef bifaerie79
I wanted a classic (and-dare I say-yellow) creamy chicken gravy and this was perfect. Very reminiscent of classic diner type chicken gravy. Kittencal's recipes never let me down!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon oxo chicken bouillon powder (I just use 1 small package OXO bouillon powder)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried onion flakes (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- black pepper (lots black pepper!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour and stir constantly for 1 minute (do not let the flour brown).
- Slowly add in broth, chicken bouillon powder, half and half or milk, pinch garlic powder (if using) and dryed onions; stir/whisk over medium heat until smooth and thickened (this should take about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in lots black pepper and salt if desired.