This should yield about 3 cups gravy, if you don't use it all you can freeze it, use a good-quality chicken broth for this
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon oxo chicken bouillon powder (I just use 1 small package OXO bouillon powder)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried onion flakes (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- black pepper (lots black pepper!)
- 1In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Whisk in flour and stir constantly for 1 minute (do not let the flour brown).
- 3Slowly add in broth, chicken bouillon powder, half and half or milk, pinch garlic powder (if using) and dryed onions; stir/whisk over medium heat until smooth and thickened (this should take about 2-3 minutes).
- 4Add in lots black pepper and salt if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Creamy Chicken Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (953 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 1274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g