Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is your basic cranberry sauce, although it's delicious as is you may want to add in some spices to jazz up the flavor such as nutmeg and allspice or add in some raisins also ---if you are serving a large dinner party I suggest to double the complete recipe ---you may adjust the sugar amount to taste, if you prefer a tart sauce then use only 1 cup sugar, increase until you reach desired sweetness, this sauce will thicken upon chilling time, it is best if chilled for 8 hours before serving or you may make 24 hours in advance :)
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (fresh or frozen, do not thaw if using frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice (fresh is better)
- 1⁄2 cup water (can use all ornage juice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use more to taste)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pick over the discoloured cranberries.
- In a large saucepan bring orange juice, water, lemon juice and cinnamon to a boil, add in the sugar and stir.
- Add in cranberries; return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries pop, mixing constantly with a wooden spoon (mixture will become thick).
- At this point you can add in a number of optional ingredients.
- Remove from heat and cool at room temperature, then place in refrigerator, the sauce will thicken as it cools.