Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful frosting I have used for years made in very little time with perfect results and 100% better than any canned, this frosting is so good you will find yourself eating a fair amount of it before even using it to frost with! --- choose the amount of cocoa powder you desire for either a light, medium or dark frosting, and make certain to sift the cocoa powder and the confectioners sugar before using for the recipe--- this frosting *freezes* very well so double the recipe and freeze one batch for next time --- *NOTE* for an ultra creamy fluffy milk chocolate frosting add in 1 to 1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping at the end of mixing the frosting and beat on low speed until blended ------- also see my Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing ---- Authentic No Refrigeration Bakery Frosting/Icing --- Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option)
Top Review by HeyLillie
BEWARE!!! When you PRINT this recipe, it changes to say, "1/3-2 2/3 cup half-and-half cream (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half) or 1/3 cup milk (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half)"
OBVIOUSLY, when you compare this to what the original recipe says, it makes a HUGE difference! I will be making this again following the original recipe and then will come back to rate it for real, but seriously, 1/3 - 2 2/3 is NOT right.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (you can use margarine but the flavor will not be the same)
- 2 2⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half) or 1⁄3 cup milk (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for light)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for medium)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for dark rich)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter in a small bowl.
- Blend in the cocoa powder (the amount desired for a light, medium or dark flavor), vanilla, confectioners sugar, alternately with the cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved.
- **NOTE** because of the additional cocoa powder more cream may have to be added in to reach desired consistency.