1/72 Photos of Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
A wonderful frosting I have used for years made in very little time with perfect results and 100% better than any canned, this frosting is so good you will find yourself eating a fair amount of it before even using it to frost with! --- choose the amount of cocoa powder you desire for either a light, medium or dark frosting, and make certain to sift the cocoa powder and the confectioners sugar before using for the recipe--- this frosting *freezes* very well so double the recipe and freeze one batch for next time --- *NOTE* for an ultra creamy fluffy milk chocolate frosting add in 1 to 1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping at the end of mixing the frosting and beat on low speed until blended ------- also see my Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing ---- Authentic No Refrigeration Bakery Frosting/Icing --- Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (you can use margarine but the flavor will not be the same)
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half) or 1/3 cup milk (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for light)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for medium)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (for dark rich)
- 1Cream the butter in a small bowl.
- 2Blend in the cocoa powder (the amount desired for a light, medium or dark flavor), vanilla, confectioners sugar, alternately with the cream.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved.
- 4**NOTE** because of the additional cocoa powder more cream may have to be added in to reach desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g