Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Double or triple all amounts, this will keep up to 8 months covered tightly at room temperature, or 1 year if refrigerated or store in freezer --- the cayenne is optional add in for extra heat, you could also omit the flour, I add it in for thickening :)
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (or use 1 tablespoon crushed onion flakes)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder (or use 1 small packages of OXO or Knorr beef bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, can adjust to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerate.
- Shake the bottle before using.
- Use any amount desired in recipes.
Excellent. I didn't add the sugar or buillion. I added smoked paprika and chipotle powder. Didn't need the flour, our chili is very thick. I doubled the cayenne, we like it spicy. Will use again, thanks!
Made this seasoning mix exactly as written, including adding the cayenne pepper, and then I also added a teaspoon each of garlic salt, cocoa powder and paprika. This was the BEST chili seasoning ever. Kittencal got all the measurements right! I made chicken chili and used this seasoning blend. Mmmm! Thanks!!
I'm really enjoying making my seasoning blends from Zaar recipes. It's fun and I know exactly what I have got in them. I made this last night and put chili ingredients in the crockpot at just past midnight so it would be ready for the guys to take with them early this morning. It worked perfectly. I had to sample (quality control you know ~wink~) and it made excellent chili. I left out the cayenne for this bunch and it still gave a very full flavored chili. Thanks Kit!