1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Chicken Salad
This is wonderful either scooped on a bed of lettuce, stuffed in between a pita or slices of whole wheat bread --- plan ahead the mixture needs to chill for 4 hours before serving, don't even bother tasting before that time, the grapes or chopped apple must be added in just before serving --- *note* see bottom of recipe for poaching chicken breasts, I also sometimes like to add in 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, but that is only optional, recipe may be doubled :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and finely chopped (or use 4 small breasts preferably poached)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4-1 cup dried cranberries (you may chop in half or leave whole) or 3/4-1 cup raisins (you may chop in half or leave whole)
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved (measure 1/2 cup halved or use 1 small apple, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1In a medium bowl toss together chicken with celery, onions and cranberries.
- 2In another bowl mix all dressing ingredients until well blended; add to the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- 3Cover and chill for a minumum of 4-24 hours.
- 4Just before serving mix in grape halves then season with black pepper.
- 5POACHING CHICKEN-------.
- 6Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan.
- 7Cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt (and 1 bay leaf optional) bring to a simmer.
- 8Lightly simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat and let sit in the water for about 10 minutes.
- 10Cool and chop.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 577.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: